The Review Cards consist of a set of very practical tools that will help you to better integrate students with specific learning disabilities in your classroom.
These tools come as an additional resource to the MOOC Dys Syllabus, a set of three ebooks that you can download for free. Those syllabi are a collection of the free training course notes.
With those Review Cards, you will learn how to cope with the difficulties of children or students with SLD’s in your classroom.
For each Review Card, you will find a short description of what it deals with. Click on the Download button to get the PDF document for free.
Review Card 01: What if the child with a learning disorder is bullied in the classroom?
- How to help a Dys child who is bullied in your classroom?
- Here are some tips to help him/her out.
- Follow our examples and techniques.
Review Card 02: what if you think that you have a student with a learning disorder in your classroom?
- What if you think there is a Dys child in your classroom?
- Here are some tips to design universal learning sessions
- Your teaching should be accessible to everyone, including children with specific learning disabilities…
Review Card 03: helping a Dys child to make friends
- How to help a dys child to make friends?
- Here is a list of activities you might try to help them out.
Review Card 04: helping a Dys student for an exam session
- How to get your Dys students ready for an exam session?
Review Card 05: helping a dys child with low self-esteem
- What to do if some of your dys children have very low self-esteem?
- Try our activities and exercises to boost their self-confidence!
Review Card 06: coping with challenging behaviour
- How to cope with the challenging behaviour of some of your Dys Students?
Review Card 07: how to integrate Dys Students in the Classroom?
- How to integrate Dys students in the classroom?
- Search for some local help
- Make agreements with other teachers
- Set a common agenda
- Use communication tools
Review Card 08: How to help your Dys Students with organisational skills?
- What if you want to help your Dys Students with their organisational skills?
- Here are some tools you can use
- Follow our practical pieces of advice to find out how to improve Dys students’ organisational skills
Review Card 09: How to adapt the school material to your Dys Students?
- What if you want to adapt the material for your Dys Students?
Review Card 10: How to help your child study at home?
- What if you want to help student study at home?
- Download the free Review Card and follow our advice
Review Card 11: Self-evaluation
- How to encourage your SLD student to proceed a self-assessment?
- Here is an example of self-evaluation activity that should help your SLD student to evaluate themselves and their work
Review Card 12: how to use flashcards?
- How to use flashcards in the classroom?
- How to encourage your SLD students to use flashcards to study at home?
- How to use flashcards to prepare for an exam session?
- Where do you find flashcards tools?
Review Card 13 – How to boost collaboration between teachers?
- How to entice teachers to collaborate and share their resources or information about SLD children in their classroom?
- Here are some tools and tips that might help you out!
Review Card 14: Chronology & Time Management
- How to get SLD children familiar with time management?
- Use our templates and our advice to entice SLD children to use time management techniques
Review Card 15: Homework accommodation
How to accommodate homework for your SLD students?
Follow our suggestions to make homework easier for your SLD students!
Review Card 16: How to develop learning skills for your learners?
How to develop learning skills for your SLDs students?
Follow our pieces of advice to enhance your learners’ learning skills.
Review Card 17: Recognizing SLD’s characteristics
How to recognize the characteristics of SLD’s in your learners?
What are the signals you have to pay attention too?
Review card 18: How to inform the Parents
How to inform the Parents that their child might have a specific learning disorder?
Here are some pieces of advice as to how to talk to Parents about the possibility that their child has a SLD.
Review Card 19: Exam accommodation for SLD students
How to accommodate the examination session for your sld students?
Follow our checklists and examples to make the examination more comfortable for all your students!