Those tools will help your Dys children to cope with numbers and mathematics.
In front of each logo, you will find a short description of the tool. Click on the Download button to get the desired PDF document.
- The ThaMographe is an instrument that can be used in geometry and can replace the ruler, compass and triangle.
- Cuisenaire rods are little plastic/wooden solids that a teacher can use to represent the abstract math concepts in a more visual and manipulative manner.
- GeoGebra is an online graphic calculator that allows students to make experiments with the math concepts they are learning at school. It can solve problems, draw functions, calculate statistics, represent geometry, trigonometry and much more. It can be easily used by anyone as it is rather user-friendly.
- Color-coding is a low-tech compensating instrument to help children with dyscalculia to understand numbers, and place value, perform easier mathematical operations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- ModMath is virtual graph paper developed by a parent and offering a free basic version for iOS with in-app purchases for higher math. ModMath app was designed to help kids with dysgraphia and dyscalculia to solve math problems without needing to pick up a pencil.